Ruud
Default The Battle For Middle-Earth 3 Community project / Mar 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM Old   #1

Introduction
There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made.

Middle-Earth is so huge, that we need a lot of time to explore it. (с)
Next-Generation
Next-Generation team wants to present you new project, which is connected with Tolkien’s world. Middle-Earth – is unique place. Leading game campaigns don’t show us new games about Middle-Earth. BFME community is slowly dieing. LOTR Conquest isn’t really good game. That’s why we starting new project about Middle-Earth…

Who are we?

Next-Generation – is an independent team, which is creating new game based of Tolkien’s world. The primary goal is to awake BFME community and to show leading game campaigns that fans are still waiting for new game. These plans can be changed in future…

Let’s go..!
[NG]M.Ruud aka Sauron – Team leader, game design, concept and storyline, 3D-modeling, texturing, mapper
[NG]Sergant – Game programming, co-leader, game mechanics, concept and storyline
[NG]Shved - 3D-modeling, texturing, co-leader, concept and storyline
[NG]TolsTiy - 3D-modeling (low and hi-poly models)
[NG]Dee – Concept artist
[NG]Aleks – Game programming
[NG]Pavero – Cinematic trailers
[NG]Gothmog – Concept and storyline
[ADVENTURES] – Game Engine
Redsys.ru – Game Engine

About project
1. Plan
Our team plans to make new game based on full completed game engine. The bias will make on games which were released by EA (The Battle for Middle-Earth, The Battle for Middle-Earth 2). We want to take only all best from old games and add a lot of new. Then we will present it to community.
2. Factions, gameplay, game engine
Make a lot of unique factions is really difficult. So we decided to make only 2 factions: Mordor and Gondor. Each faction will have 6-8 heroes, 10-12 units, unique magic and tactics. Gameplay will be changed too. Multiplayer will be supported.
Project will be based on SAGE game engine (game: Command and Conquer 3). In future we may change it.

3. Recruits
If you are talented, love Middle-Earth, and wish to work with us - you could tell us about it here WE ARE ALWAYS NEED:
• 3D and 2 D animators
• Concept artists
• CnC3 engine coders
• 3D modelers
• Programmers
• Mappers
• Concept writer
• Composers or Audio designers
• Art designers
WE ARE NOT NEED IN OUR TEAM:
• Critics
• Team leaders

1280x960
Heron
Default Mar 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM Old   #2

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Heron Send a message via MSN to Heron Send a message via Skype™ to Heron
Just a quick note, you probably won't get away with using the actual "Battle for Middle-earth III" title, because it's trademarked by EA... at the very least you'll want to try to get permission, but you're probably better off calling it something else with a subtitle of "The Unofficial Sequel to BfME II".
Yams In a can
Default Mar 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM Old   #3
By any means necessary...

It seems good... I would not call it BFME 3 though.

Last edited by Yams In a can: Mar 13th, 2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Heron is blood thirsty.
Ilaras of The Dunedain
Default Mar 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM Old   #4

Honored Member 

Looks cool, but again don't use that tittle.

I Aear cân ven na ma
Spartacus
Default Mar 13th, 2010, 08:32 PM Old   #5

hey,

imo ppl like building spots on maps , anyway this is great , keep it up
Kael'thas
Default Apr 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM Old   #6

april's fool anyone? wtf...

is this for real? where are you from anyways... you sound chinese or something.

anyhow, if this is real, it will rock! a new LOTR RTS that is not made by EA is awesome.

but the posts above are right, you won't get away with that name, EA is sure to sue you right away... i hear they want to shut down the3rdage.net! =(

I WOULD RECOMEND U A NAME LIKE...

"Middle-earth Battles"

catchy, similar to BFME and not a likely source of trouble

cheers
Dante
Default Apr 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM Old   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by Kael'thas View Post
april's fool anyone? wtf...
It was posted in march.
Yams In a can
Default Apr 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM Old   #8
By any means necessary...

Owned. By Dante Allegri.

Kael'thas
Default Apr 7th, 2010, 12:34 AM Old   #9

It's "Alighieri", btw...

i was kind of joking, as you can see from my "Middle-earth Battles" suggestion and all...

good call there, Dante glad it was posted in march!
SuPeR x CuRRy
Default May 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM Old   #10

It does look good but are you sure you would make it better tHan BFME

RIDE TO RUIN AND THE WORLDS ENDING!!!

Theoden King Of Rohan.

Oh Yeah...................... Can everyone please subscribe to my youtube channel this is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/insanesm...2?feature=mhum
deathteam15
Thumbs up Aug 26th, 2010, 03:27 AM Old   #11

Looks amazing! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by deathteam15: Sep 21st, 2010 at 10:40 AM.
deathteam15
Default Sep 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM Old   #12

Is their a release date? Also, it would be good if a beta was released on a website like ModDB, FileFront or The 3rd Age.net. Ahhhh...and I don't like the idea of only Gondor and Mordor, I will stick to bfme2 if they are going to be the only armies...it needs Mordor, Gondor, Rohan, Elves, Dwarves, Isengard, Angmar, Arnor and Men of The East.

Last edited by deathteam15: Sep 22nd, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Dante
Default Sep 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM Old   #13

Eh, I'd take decent gameplay over stuffing a game with as much filler as possible.
JasonBelkin
Default Nov 23rd, 2010, 11:32 PM Old   #14

If they going make Battle Middle Earth 3 they should Hobbit race. It should start out campaign battle for great battles Arnor. Hobbit troops aid surprise attack Witch King army. Next campaign get Frodo Baggins and other hobbit old Forest to excape Ring raiders then meet Tom Bombadil to face the of Old man Willow and the Barrow wights. Then for Hobbit reach the The Prancing Pony meet Aragorn guild to Rivendell. Aragorn us special able allow fire sword make Black rider chach on fire. After elf rider bring Frodo Baggins across side river were heal aviod black rider fighting time self. Next mission survival Misty Mountain face wolf riders. After that mission come Mine Moria. Next mission getting to survail orce and Goblin to the Elven kingdom of Lothlorien. Mission Sam and Frodo Baggins head off own. They most work Gollum sneak Mash. The next mission Sam faces Spider. The next mission Sam rescue Frodo. Last Mission sneak rest way though Mordor to mount Dome. That what I like see Battle for Middle Earth 3.