furyqba
Default Jan 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM Old   #15

Apparently the game crashes on trying to initialize settings; it can be fixed by putting the settings in before playing the game. No Compatibility Mode needed.

http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/...rth_fix;116738

The above link has a fix posted; basically, you need to go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-Earth Files and create the options.ini file. The sample options.ini provided at the link includes

AudioLOD = High
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
Resolution = 1024 768
StaticGameLOD = High
TimesInGame = 6

I believe this should also work for BME2.
stessens
Default Feb 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM Old   #16

Hi,
Im new at this forum and i have also this error of EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Now i downloaded this file and i don't know where to extract it, I have a windows vista 7?
Should i place the options.ini in my battle for middle earth map. Computer/c/programfiles/eagames/lotrbfme
Help me please.
Mithrandir7
Default Feb 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM Old   #17

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Mithrandir7 Send a message via MSN to Mithrandir7
Have you tried inserting the options.ini file where the user above specified?

Need help? Send me a PM or create a topic in our Site Discussion Forums
Introduce yourself here

stessens
Default Feb 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM Old   #18

I dont find my battle for middle earth files on my computer.
Do I have to go where i installed it?
Mithrandir7
Default Feb 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM Old   #19

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Mithrandir7 Send a message via MSN to Mithrandir7
I would assume so. I'm not on a Windows computer right now so I can't be of much help.

Are you running Windows 7 or Windows Vista? After some research it seems that for Windows 7 you'd just go where you installed it, yes. The /AppData is just a redirect for backwards compatibility

Need help? Send me a PM or create a topic in our Site Discussion Forums
Introduce yourself here

stessens
Default Feb 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM Old   #20

I have windows 7 and now i copy this winrar file to my bfme on c and i press extract here.I run the game and still this error.Help
Crusp
Default Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:08 PM Old   #21

Hello,

Have been having issues with my BFME 1 on my win 7 64-bit computer. Installs alright but when I go to start it up it just freezes at the point when my desktop still in the background. I used to get the Exception Access Violation error message shortly before the game totally crashed but now it is just perpetually on the inital start up image. I have tried it on various compatibilites but none work. The closest i have come to finding out what the problem was is that whenever i used to get the Exception A.. V.. message it said that there was a runtime error with the "game.dat" file. And occasionally i get the error message that says that the there is something wrong with that file. But i have played with the same disc on other computers (ExP) so i don't think thats its a problem with the disc or the instaliation.

BFME 2 initally did not work but then i did the options.ini file thing and it worked, but i have always conisdered BFME 1 the more enjoyable game so am annoyed that i can't get it started.

I have looked all over the internet for answers but none seem to get the result. so would really appreciate some help so that i can get to pillaging middle earth asap.
thanks,

C
JestrickJ
Default Mar 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM Old   #22

I'm having a problem with BFME 1 as well. I'm running on windows 7 64bit. When I start it up, I get the first screen, followed by the second screen that shows mount doom, then it loads in but I get shelled out to my desktop and I can't actually play the game, it loads fine but I can't stay in it for more then a second. I have no other programs running whatsoever. I have a dual-display with two 23" moniters.
UnfoundedBros
Exclamation Possible Solution for Windows 7 64 bit / Jul 8th, 2011, 01:19 AM Old   #23

I created an account to post this here.
I think I found the solution on this site.
http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/14859...earth-1-a.html

"Taterz
I found the problem myself, when I was checking Ripbox's idea http://www.middleearthcenter.com/for...do=file&id=422 (Which didn't work, sorry to say) I noticed that the installation wasn't creating all of the files correctly when installing. The files were missing inside "My Battle for Middle-Earth files" (C:/Local Disk/Users/(your username)/AppData/Roaming/My Battle for Middle-earth Files). The folder was there but not the stuff inside.

When I put it all in (Taken from a friend over MSN) it worked perfectly, I'm not getting firewall issues or errors.

Now I've checked it with Battle for Middle-Earth 2 and Rise of the Witch-King and it also worked."

The AppData folder is hidden by default so if your poking around your username file you might not see it. Just search how to enable hidden files.

Goodluck
Cangoboy
Default Jul 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM Old   #24

Hi i am new at the forum and pls help me i have
AMD Phoneom(tm) II X4 955 procesor 3.20Ghz
Ram 4 Gb
garphic card 1 Gb
and windows 7 32 bit and BOTH of the BFME ARENT WORKING THEY DONT WANT TO START pls help
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 19th, 2011, 11:57 AM Old   #25
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Quote: Originally Posted by Cangoboy View Post
Hi i am new at the forum and pls help me i have
AMD Phoneom(tm) II X4 955 procesor 3.20Ghz
Ram 4 Gb
garphic card 1 Gb
and windows 7 32 bit and BOTH of the BFME ARENT WORKING THEY DONT WANT TO START pls help
What message are you getting when you try to run the game?
Cangoboy
Default Jul 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM Old   #26

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on BFME1 and i dont remeber on the bfme2 wait to insatl again and i will tell you
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM Old   #27
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Reinstalling usually fixes that problem. If that doesn't work, try installing the latest patches for the games.
Cangoboy
Default Jul 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM Old   #28

i reinstaled 10 times and didnt work i will try with the patches tanks anyway