charleymills
Thumbs up the dwarf race ultimate strategy / Jan 13th, 2009, 04:33 PM Old   #1

first you start off normally and build up your castle up to the max: the giant catapult extra defence etc.
then you should keep sending cheap units in and hold them off with your castle and units.
then when you get i think it is about 40 power points and you can create a free castle which you can upgrade you should place this castle about in the middle of the map so it can reach every where with its giant catapult.
when i was online someone used this on me and i was absolutely shellshocked i stoppped looking at him for about 5 mins and all i saw was a big flaming barrage coming right at all my buildings without warning i got absolutely caned.

so if anyone wants to add anything or question me feel free to do so
christiaan
Default Jan 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM Old   #2

Send a message via MSN to christiaan
I haven't played BFME2 in like a year but doesn't it cost an increadible amount of money to upgrade your castle? By that time the opponent who uses all his money to create and upgrade a army should have destroyed you becouse you don't have a strong army.

Thanks Mtroll for the hard work
Ranger of the Numenor
Default Jan 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM Old   #3

Yea, Christiaan is right, a standard new castle is 5000 Gold, then to get the stronger walls upgrade (needed for Super Catapult) its another 2000, then the catapult itself is like 2500. It is a pretty cool idea, the only problem is how unreliable it is. Most people will likely hammer your castle until its basically rubble. With the correct buildings and upgrades someone could basically use a special/skill on it almost continously. Another downside is the sheer time it takes to re-use your supercatapult.

But, its a pretty nice idea, if you can pull it off sure you can almost definelty win, so good luck on using it and nice job with mentioning it.

~Ranger

Lore Master of the Numenor, Cuthalion of the Numenor
*Gour*
Default Jan 15th, 2009, 08:45 PM Old   #4

The best strategy is actually to go all out with the dwarven ax throwers. Build one mine and then one archery building. make about two ax throwers and build more mines. Get the forge and upgrade forge blades and armor. keep on making ax throwers and you are unstoppable. Ax throwers are strong against units and pretty strong against buildings. To finish off the opponent bring in some catapults with the fire upgrade and the castle is down.
Kawodar
Default Jan 26th, 2009, 03:47 AM Old   #5

Why not use the men of Dale? They are really godd with some upgrades and with some battalions of them, the enemy will not have a chance.
insanesameri
Default Feb 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM Old   #6

Unless you go in early you won't make it man...

:ph34r: Has posted
Balin38
Default Feb 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM Old   #7

I'm not too fussed about men of dale, the axe throwers seem to do more damage. My strategy is to build 2 halls of warriors and an archery range. I just spawn guardians, axe throwers and the spearmen (forgot their name ) until I just overwhelm my opponent. After a while there's enough money to start buying upgrades and that normally sees me out.
Kawodar
Default Feb 17th, 2009, 02:50 AM Old   #8

The mighty catapult is good at destroying a hard opponent but in the time I have enough money to buy it and still have some over for troops, my enemy is already defeated or almost. But if you face more than one enemy, then you can use it and it's good if you're facing an opponent in Minas Tirith or Helms deep. (You are outside). Once I met a friend online and he was inside minas tirith and use fully upgraded mirkwood archers and ent and the ballistas on the wall (forgot the english name) and i could get close enough to destroying the gate without loosing all my units. Instead I build 4 fortresses with the mighty catapult while sending some troops to hold him on the defense. and when I was ready, I fired the catapults one by one into his camp and destroyed almost every building he had, and then I took out the gate and killed him.

Last edited by Kawodar: Feb 17th, 2009 at 02:55 AM.
DYonch
Default Feb 17th, 2009, 06:07 AM Old   #9

I think the mighty catapult is almost completely useless. Ivory tower and Eagle's Nest are way better and more useful. As for strategy, just spam axe-throwers and phlanxes(???) until you've built up enough recourses for some siege equipment.
Balin38
Default Feb 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM Old   #10

Just thought of another thing about this master plan. Like all these superweapon themed plans there's the risk of putting all your eggs in one basket. While you're saving the inordinate sum of resources, that's 10 less guardians and phalanxes you're sending to fight the enemy so they have all the momentum. So even though you might eventually get your middle-earth death star, there's gonna be nazgul and wargs running through your base for 10 minutes before that happens in my opinion.
Kawodar
Default Feb 17th, 2009, 07:31 AM Old   #11

That's why I always use the mighty catapult when I have a good defense and my enemy can't get into my camp.