redsoxaholic
Default Mar 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM Old   #71

This fix worked for me as well thanks a lot
Frysk
Default What worked for me. / Apr 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM Old   #72

Nothing said here or in a dozen other threads worked for me. That folder with the "options.ini" file never appeared, even after two installs (once in safe mode). Perhaps I kept creating it with a slight spelling error or something, but anyway - this guy's script worked for me.

http://kat.ph/lord-of-the-rings-batt...-t4321950.html

It even patches and no-cd cracks at the same time.
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM Old   #73

Hey how do I get here!?!? I just installed this on my windows 7 computer 64, can you do a step by step for me please? I cant find this folder anywhere!!! please help me asap! Its not working and im getting a runtime error on mine..... and I think its cuz of my 64 bit computer please help me asap!!
Quote: Originally Posted by TokyoBlade View Post

This is how you fix it:

Go to C:\Users\<YOUR COMPUTER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle Earth Files

If you can't see the "appdata" folder, you need to make it visible by clicking on Organis then on Folder and search options, switch to the View tab and under Hidden files and folders select Show hidden files, folders and drives.

In that folder (My Battle for Middle Earth files), we need to make an ini file. So open up Notepad and copy and paste all of the following into the document:

Code:
AllHealthBars = yes
AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 81
AnimationLOD = UltraHigh
AudioLOD = Low
Brightness = 50
DecalLOD = Off
EffectsLOD = UltraHigh
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.0.2
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
ModelLOD = UltraHigh
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 78
Resolution = 1280 960
SFXVolume = 80
ScrollFactor = 29
SendDelay = no
ShaderLOD = UltraHigh
ShadowLOD = UltraHigh
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TerrainLOD = High
TextureQualityLOD = High
TimesInGame = 64
UnitDecals = yes
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 69
WaterLOD = UltraHigh
Save it into that folder (My Battle for Middle Earth files) and call it Options.ini, exit, and now BFME#1 should be working fine.

I'm going to assume your BFME2 problem is that same as that so do the same for BFME2:

Open notepad and copy and paste all this:

Code:
AllHealthBars = no
AmbientVolume = 50.000000
AnimationLOD = UltraHigh
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
DecalLOD = High
EffectsLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 5.174.97.47
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = VeryLow
ModelLOD = UltraHigh
MovieVolume = 70.000000
MusicVolume = 70.000000
Resolution = 1280 960
SFXVolume = 70.000000
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
ShaderLOD = UltraHigh
ShadowLOD = UltraHigh
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TerrainLOD = High
TextureQualityLOD = High
TimesInGame = 48
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70.000000
WaterLOD = UltraHigh
Save it as Options.ini inside C:\Users\<YOUR COMPUTER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle Earth(tm) II Files

This should fix your problem. If it doesn't, let me know.
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM Old   #74
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Are you sure you set the hidden folders to be shown (from the Organize menu)? If you are in AppData\Roaming and don't see the BFME folder, then create a folder called My Battle for Middle Earth Files and put the options code in there. Though it should already be there after you install the game.
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 12:16 AM Old   #75

Are you sure you set the hidden folders to be shown (from the Organize menu)? If you are in AppData\Roaming and don't see the BFME folder, then create a folder called My Battle for Middle Earth Files and put the options code in there. Though it should already be there after you install the game.
Well it wasnt but everything works out great nowTHANKS!!! the only problem is when I try to play online multiplayer not the Network one but actually online it says Log In Has Timed out and I tried to create a new name and stuff but it wouldnt let me register for online and I cant play online! please help thanks so much bro
----- Automerged post -----
oh and also Tokyo Blades, do you know where to save Mods if you mod BFME 1?!?! Im trying to get the Elven Alliance Mod and idk where to put the file when I save it to the game...... And one more thing thanks so I tried downloading a map onto the game its the Helms Deep map and I did it before on my old computer but I cant remember where to save the map once I save it. I tried saving it in the My Battle For Middle Earth files and I just dont know where to put it. and the Helms Deep map I downloaded from filefront.com and its for Skirmish I believe! But Thank you so much for all your help I really appreciate it get back with me asap!

Last edited by DownfallOfUs4ll: Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM Old   #76
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Battle for Middle Earth 1 + 2 cannot be played online anymore because EA shut down the servers.

Elven Alliance Mod should have an installer so you shouldn't have to put it anywhere yourself. But if you're manually installing the mod, the instructions are here: http://elven.the3rdage.net/TEACE/TEA...llation1.2.rtf

Here is a thread explaining how to install maps: http://middleearthcenter.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17190
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 01:50 AM Old   #77

Battle for Middle Earth 1 + 2 cannot be played online anymore because EA shut down the servers.

Elven Alliance Mod should have an installer so you shouldn't have to put it anywhere yourself. But if you're manually installing the mod, the instructions are here: http://elven.the3rdage.net/TEACE/TEA...llation1.2.rtf

Here is a thread explaining how to install maps: http://middleearthcenter.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17190
Dude thanks man ur the best
Hey but um since I have windows 7 how do I do the map files? Im not that good with computers think you could do a step by step thing for me? how do I get to the C drive on windows 7 and whats this mean? "Create new map with the exact same name as the map name itself, and place the .map in"
Oh and plus when I download the maps they dont show up on the game...... am I saving the maps in the correct place?? im saving it where they tell me to put them.

Last edited by DownfallOfUs4ll: Jul 4th, 2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM Old   #78
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

You need to put them in C:\Users\<YOUR COMPUTER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle Earth(tm) II Files\Maps

He means folder with the same name as the map. So, if the map is called mapname you need to create a folder called mapname and then put the map inside it.
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM Old   #79

You need to put them in C:\Users\<YOUR COMPUTER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle Earth(tm) II Files\Maps

He means folder with the same name as the map. So, if the map is called mapname you need to create a folder called mapname and then put the map inside it.
yeah but i tried to put it in BFME Maps thing and it wouldnt work. is it because I didnt make the folder?
idk if im doing this right, I made the folder for the helms deep map and it still wont show up in Skirmish mode.... Why? Im really confused:/ but good news is I got the mods working but I need help still with downloading maps, they are a pain!:/

Last edited by DownfallOfUs4ll: Jul 4th, 2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM Old   #80
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Are you sure you've got the right name for the folder? For example, if the map name is helmsdeep then it needs to go in the folder Maps\helmsdeep\. If you're sure you have them all in the right folders then I don't know why it won't work, sorry.
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM Old   #81

Are you sure you've got the right name for the folder? For example, if the map name is helmsdeep then it needs to go in the folder Maps\helmsdeep\. If you're sure you have them all in the right folders then I don't know why it won't work, sorry.
ok let me try it. if it doesnt work oh well no biggy
I really dont know what im doing, its so confusing and stuff, so idk?!?

Last edited by DownfallOfUs4ll: Jul 4th, 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM Old   #82

Hey and also TokyoBlades thanks so much for the help I got my game running all because of you AND I got my mods working for the game your awesome bro! this was the only website I could find on the internet to help me with this problem thanks bro I appreciate it
Hey TokyoBlade also I wanna get LOTR Conquest for my pc, will it work on a Windows 7 64 bit? and Same with BFME 2? please let me know Im hoping to buy those games soon if they will work please let me know asap thanks so much, thats my last question for now Thanks man!

Last edited by DownfallOfUs4ll: Jul 8th, 2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TokyoBlade
Default Jul 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM Old   #83
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

I haven't tried LOTR Conquest so I can't tell you from experience, but apparently it does work on Windows 7. I know BFME2 does work on Windows 7 because I have it on and it works.
DownfallOfUs4ll
Default Jul 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM Old   #84

I haven't tried LOTR Conquest so I can't tell you from experience, but apparently it does work on Windows 7. I know BFME2 does work on Windows 7 because I have it on and it works.
Alright cool thanks bro