Lorient Avandi
Default Whatwe would want to see in LOTR Conquest 2 / Aug 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM Old   #1

If EA decides to try to make a sequel here are several things i would like to see happen for the gameplay:
Either make the mage less powerful or get rid of them entirely: ie. give life or a time limit to their shield instead of being invincible, and lessen the impact of their other skills, or somehow set a limit to how many (if any) AI mages can be on the battlefieeld at a time.
Make AI smarter
Make the heros more unique instead of just more powerful versions of the class
Make the instant action a lot more like battlefront 2: Have unit counts instead of point based games
Make maps much bigger and make them accessible during instant action: ie: all of minas tirith, larger moria, isengard, etc. and maybe make it so , if you want a quick game, you can decide how much of the map is accessible.
Put the command points in good spots instead of seemingly random placements, make them more strategically placed

Either add more classes, or give additional weapons to the classes. For example, since the archer lacks melee, give them a sword that they can switch to but make it like when they are on mounts: only basic attacks and very simple combos. do the same thing with a warrior and give them a bow instead of throwing axe, just no special arrows, lessen the damage, and make no headshot bonus. give scout a crossbow, extremely long range, instant kill if in the head, just make it take 2-3 times as long as their bombs to recharge.
Maybe add shields to the warriors but after taking considerable damage, they shatter.
make the warrior's block not as powerful. make more than 1 move to counter it.

make more ai and get rid of the grunts in campaign. Make the game capable of haveing dozens, if not hundreds, of ai on the battlefield at a time.
Make the Nazgul and eagles more random in their attacks instead of just sweeping through one place every time, and make it so they can aim their drops to potentially kill someone with the body. maybe make them able to be controlled by ai or players instead of scripted movements.

if playing single player, make heros able to be controlled by ai if you turn them down and so the other team can have one.
make captains able to be played before heros.
make heros and captains take two backstabs to kill or make them impervious to them.
make ents, trolls, and mumakil scarier by making them harder to kill.
make more different factions, for example add dwarves, numenor, etc.
make each factions units have the same basic idea: ie warrior, archer, etc. but make them unique in some way to each faction in function, not just looks. and possibly give each faction an entirely unique unit. for example: gondor: fountain guard, uruk-hai berserkers, etc.
make health orbs replenish more health
add more heroes like the different hobbits (and dont just make them scouts)
possibly have numerous heroes per map if they correspond with that map. for example: the shire: frodo, gandalf, pippin, merry, sam. minas tirith: denethor, gandalf, faramir, boromir. pellenor fields: legolas, theoden, aragorn, gimli, eomer, etc.
what ar your thoughts on all of this. sorry it doesnt look great, but i wrote it in a hurry!
----- Automerged post -----
And as for visual changes:
make scouts look like what race they are instead of all of them being the size of hobbits
make all of the skins work: the citadel guard skin for gondor does not work for the players
make them look accurate: if grunts are kept, actually give them armor and make them look like soldiers instead of citizens with swords
this isnt a visual change but make the commander voice for campaign less annoying
certain places have multiple races at them, so show it. example: helms deep should have elf archers and warriors, and rohan should have archers too. the black gate has rohan and gondor so that should be fixed too. the last alliance has bothe numenor and elves. etc.
make the captains mopre imposing by getting rid of the flag. they just look comical and stupid. they already look different from the rest of the soldiers because they have different armor and an aura around them.
make the mages look like they are part of a battle and give them armor, same with scouts.

Last edited by Lorient Avandi: Aug 14th, 2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Leggy
Default Aug 15th, 2011, 05:39 PM Old   #2

Would be prove to be quite hard, since EA don't have the rights anymore.

Lorient Avandi
Default Aug 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM Old   #3

I know I just put this up for fun. They will never actully be able to make one.
Yams In a can
Default Aug 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM Old   #4
By any means necessary...

Much more massive multiplayer. 32 should be what they would need to aim for. 48 would be great.

Better graphics. They don't need to be a lot better, just good.

Option to upgrade to captain for players that are doing good.

If there is a campaign/story mode, it should not be you as an average soldier. It needs an actual story!

No assassin or mage. Assassin was too cheap. Mages are fine in an RPG, NOT A BATTLE FOCUSED ONLINE GAME.

More classes.

Team based multiplayer.

No upgrade to hero. I have no problem with an all hero match, but I don't want heroes in a standard match.

Trolls and ents should be more menacing, and not as easy to take down.

Dante
Default Aug 16th, 2011, 02:24 AM Old   #5

The classes would need a revamp. Well, a lot of things.

Machine gun archer that shoots while running.

The scout with on/off invisibility and the obligatory dual wielding knives for XTRA STEALTHZz.

The Mage.

Horses were lolzy.

The campaign was lolzy.

No computer bots on the battlefield. Did not feel like it was army vs army.

Hell, didn't even feel like it was soldier vs soldier.

It was one delicious mess.
Gimli Cheated
Default Aug 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM Old   #6

Get rid of mages. They didn't belong in this type of game.
Boromir_Lives_On
Default Aug 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM Old   #7

I don't really see anything I disagree with- overall there was a TON of room for improvement. :/
Frodo_Teabaggins
Default Apr 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM Old   #8

i really reckon lotr conquest could be really really good if it changed some things and added more as well, i.e characters, mounts (ride the mumakil!!!), bigger maps and better graphics.
i would be the happiest hobbit around ~ TeaBaggins
ShadowBlade73
Default Sep 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM Old   #9

I absolutely loved Conquest. It was a truly awesome game. EA rushed this game, did a lousy job, and it was still awesome! If they fixed a lot of stuff, it would be the best LOTR game ever made.

"Your black cards can you make you money, so you hide them when you're able; in the land of milk and honey, you must put them on the table."
-Steely Dan
IN_SANITY
Default Apr 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM Old   #10

I liked the game lotr conquest but it lacked a few things that they would be able to put in on lotr conquest 2 (if they are to make another) e.g.

1.add new hero's and villains such as the infamous morgoth (Melkor) and galadriel.

2.when i played the game i noticed that hero's lack their true power e.g. gandalf didn't have the move istari light and neither did saruman.

3. EA must add a new ranking system for multiplayer and online feautures aswell as a unique character creation were you can choose from a range of weapons and armor specific to that characters class whether it being warrior or a mage.

4.Add in new maps and make them one big area e.g. make pelanor fields combine with minas tirith and put siege engines/war machines that that the players and ai are allowed to go in.

5.make the campaign bigger and longer e.g. more objectives and make a campaign like the total war game (third age total war) were you have a map to conquer.

6.add in new content e.g. weapons from spears to crossbows and add in more factions e.g. the arthedians and numereans.

Thats it peepz hope you all agree with me here
stennessy
Default Jun 30th, 2013, 03:22 PM Old   #11

the ability to play a campaign through all the historic battles of tolkiens works would be epic
ShadowBlade73
Default Jul 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM Old   #12

A throwback "Dwarves vs. Goblins" campaign would be awesome! It could show all their finest and most epic battles. And welcome to MEC, stennessy, IN_SANITY, and Frodo_TeaBaggins!

"Your black cards can you make you money, so you hide them when you're able; in the land of milk and honey, you must put them on the table."
-Steely Dan