Heron
Default Mass Effect 3 (probably spoilers!) / Mar 10th, 2012, 09:49 PM Old   #1

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Heron Send a message via MSN to Heron Send a message via Skype™ to Heron
Anyone beat it yet?

Personally, I'm extremely disappointed by and dissatisfied with the ending. I don't like any of the choices, there's no actual difference between them (especially given the two side effects that all three choices share), one of the choices doesn't even make any sense (Synthesis), and I can think of several better ways the story could have ended.

Thoughts?
Mithrandir7
Default Mar 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM Old   #2

Send a message via AIM to Mithrandir7 Send a message via MSN to Mithrandir7
The game has an intolerably low framerate on my PS3... and the brightness setting on the game doesn't appear to be working well (or the graphics are just bad; the game is far too dark). It isn't my TV... it's a really nice 1080p plasma.

Bleh.

Need help? Send me a PM or create a topic in our Site Discussion Forums
Introduce yourself here

Heron
Default Mar 11th, 2012, 12:38 AM Old   #3

Send a message via AIM to Heron Send a message via MSN to Heron Send a message via Skype™ to Heron
PC for the win!
Krv
Default Mar 11th, 2012, 06:00 AM Old   #4
Inhumane Destroyer of n00bs

Lord of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Krv Send a message via MSN to Krv Send a message via Yahoo to Krv
Beat one of the 17 endings. Probably lost out on a better ending due to my refusal to play multiplayer.

My issues with the game are the same as always with Mass Effect: Combat is ****.

Second playthrough I've turned it down to narrative so I can just run up and punch everyone to death without having to worry about dying. Gets in the way of a perfectly good story.

The story should have been longer too. That I completed it in 19 hours is ridiculous. Assaulted the Cerberus base and then couldn't go anywhere else. Thought that'd be like the end of act 1, instead it's the endgame.

Also, with the exception of like two tracks, the score was pathetic. You disappoint me Mansell.

Heron
Default Mar 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM Old   #5

17 endings? There's only three. (I'm referring to the actual "which of these three solutions do you choose" at the end, not the various ways you could build the military strength of the galaxy.)

You don't need to play any multiplayer at all to get the "best" endings. I didn't touch multiplayer before I beat it. If your "effective military strength" bar is all the way full, you get the best ending, regardless of the "readiness rating" percentage.

I agree that the story should have been longer. I felt the same way after the cerberus base... it felt like the end of the first act, not the end of the game.

As for the score, well, don't be too hard on Mansell. He only wrote two of the tracks. Sam Hulick wrote seven of them (plus one with Clint Mansell), Christopher Lennertz wrote six of them, and the other eight were written by Cris Valesco with Sascha Dikiciyan.