Mythic
Default Online tips/Help / Feb 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM Old   #1

I just started playing online with this game and I keep getting crushed. I'm just looking for some tips/tricks of the trade to help me get a better honed edge. I like to play with Isengard. I do play with Gondor occasionally. I stick to the "noob" rooms on Game Ranger and I still can't seem to pull out a win. I can play 1v3 with a hard computer and come out on top but even if it's 1v1 or 2v2 online I can't get ahead. Any strategies I should follow? Any things you "old vets" can say to an "young buck" are very welcome. I go for map control, I build lots of units and recruit heros, I use the battle formations.. (I can lay out an in depth look to my gameplay if requested. The more technical you can get with tips/guides online, the better.) I will be sure to give just about everything a shot and give some feedback on here.

P.S. - I looked through the forums here and didn't see anything like this up. If I overlooked it, sorry Mods (:
krapyl
Default Feb 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM Old   #2

Hello! I suggest you stop by GameReplays.org, they have many good strategies to the bfme games.

Last edited by krapyl: Feb 28th, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Mythic
Default Feb 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM Old   #3

Thank you very much (:
.RangeR
Default May 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM Old   #4

No idea why I'm replying to this lol, randomly decided to check out this forum again. Anyway if you are still around and want tips just ask, I was once best isen in world ^^

In case anyone reads this:

Isengard is based around map control and powerful infantry. For example, standard isen vs rohan on fords (i lost like once ever with this build back when i played):

Start pit + uruk in base, take mills with starting uruk and defend their initial peasant/hobbit harass with warchant (this takes practice, but there is no variation that you shouldn't be able to defend). Add in 2-3 labourers at each mill and possibly send a labourer to scout in front of your 2nd mill in case they send more peasants later. Alternate making uruks/furnaces in base (should have 3-4 furns when pit hits level 2). Make berserkers from now on if necessary to deal with peasants, otherwise pump out pikes while filling bases with furnaces bar for last slot which will be a warg pit. With all your uruk battalions, take their farms, force more peasants and possibly use your 2nd warchant to help creep a warg lair or two (chant 3 battalions at once to do this). The critical time is taking map control with pikes/wargs. Replace warg pit with armory after 3 wargs (usually delete a furnace first then replace warg pit with furnace to be faster). Get blades + banner asap, then armor and take map with upgraded wargs and pikes. Probably 5-6 pikes is about right. Use formation on pikes with either warchant or forged blades to take out wild warg lairs (just press 'g' and click the warg lair to make it easy) - you should be able to take most of them out. Get fire arrows last, then make warrior/crossbow combo hordes (save any rank 2 uruks from early in the game until now) and replace armory with siege works and pump ballistas. Make lurtz whenever they have a hero that requires pinning (normally theoden). Take the outposts when you see fit. Siege their base and win. add in saruman when you can afford it. power point progression is warchant --> industry --> palantir (not required) --> tainted lands (only if they go elven wood) --> rain --> balrog. chant, industry and rain are the important ones.

This is assuming the rohan goes for the standard peasant rush --> upgraded horses with theoden --> some kind of archers. A lot of this matchup is just knowing what beats what.

(isen vs gondor plays very similarly, isen vs isen/mordor involves knowing how to use your uruks early game)

I still exist :o

Last edited by .RangeR: May 26th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
TokyoBlade
Default May 26th, 2012, 08:20 AM Old   #5
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

Wow, I haven't seen you on here in a LONG time
Mythic
Default May 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM Old   #6

Thank you for the tips. I'm still around Game ranger if you ever want to get on and play a little/show me some things.
Arvedui
Default May 28th, 2012, 03:11 AM Old   #7
Fallen in Ice

Honored Member Lore Master Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Im also on Gameranger, if anyone wants to play. But please don't force me to use a faction besides MOTW/Gondor.
.RangeR
Default May 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM Old   #8

Quote: Originally Posted by TokyoBlade View Post
Wow, I haven't seen you on here in a LONG time
Been many years. Played some random bfme games on gameranger (sad to see servers down ) and was pleasantly surprised to see this forum was still alive (somewhat)

Will prob be on gameranger sometime if anyone wants to play.

I still exist :o
TokyoBlade
Default May 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM Old   #9
My Custom Title

Lord of the Old Realm 

lol, I haven't played BFME in many, many years. I also never played the 1.3 patch online (I was a 1.2 player ) so I don't know any strategies for any faction. I was fairly good back in the day, but if I played now I'd get my *** handed to me pretty badly
Mythic
Default Jun 9th, 2012, 10:47 PM Old   #10

Yeah guys, I'm up for playing just about anytime. I'm usually around a computer. My Gamerranger name is [RA]xMythic
The Adman
Default Jun 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM Old   #11

Quote: Originally Posted by TokyoBlade View Post
lol, I haven't played BFME in many, many years. I also never played the 1.3 patch online (I was a 1.2 player ) so I don't know any strategies for any faction. I was fairly good back in the day, but if I played now I'd get my *** handed to me pretty badly
I'm the same, in fact I don't think I even own them anymore. I may have to remedy this...
Mythic
Default Jun 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM Old   #12

I wish you guys would. It'd be nice to get a good game going. Always got my game ranger up in the background.
Aynnronald
Default Jan 25th, 2014, 05:19 PM Old   #13

Send a message via AIM to Aynnronald Send a message via Skype™ to Aynnronald
great and educative tips ,thanks