guilemaster
Default Feb 25th, 2010, 10:04 PM Old   #29

Quote: Originally Posted by Heron View Post
There's no indication they'll shut down the multiplayer components of BfME1 or 2.

However, BfME1 did its multiplayer through Gamespy, I think, so that's not in EA's control anyway.

At any rate, don't both games support LAN games?
I think only the PS3 one does.

Heron
Default Feb 25th, 2010, 11:10 PM Old   #30

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Heron Send a message via MSN to Heron Send a message via Skype™ to Heron
Uh... why would the PS3 version support LAN, but not the PC version? That's crazy talk.

*pulls out BfME, BfME II, and C&C3 manuals*

BfME: yep.
BfME II: yep.
C&C3: yep.

All three games support LAN play. (I included C&C3 because it uses the same engine as the earlier two games.)
necrowizardking
Default petition conquest server shutting down / Mar 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM Old   #31

for all you guys and girls who still enjoy playing conquest like me and so many others there is a online petition you all can sign to help make them change their mind. just go to www.petitiononline.com/conquest/petition.html we need all the help we can get so spread the word everyone.
Heron
Default Mar 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM Old   #32

Lord of the Old Realm King of the Old Realm 

Send a message via AIM to Heron Send a message via MSN to Heron Send a message via Skype™ to Heron
As good as petitions are, they're not going to get a company like EA to change their mind. For example, there's a Starcraft 2 LAN petition, where people are asking Blizzard to put LAN play back in Starcraft 2, and it has almost 250,000 signatures.

I somehow doubt you'll be able to get 250,000 people signing a petition for Conquest; the whole reason EA shut down the servers was that "the games scheduled for shutdown in March and April 2010 represent less than 0.3% of all peak online players across all EA titles." That means very, very few people have actually been playing Conquest.

If 250,000 people can't get Blizzard to put LAN play back in Starcraft 2, then "less than 0.3%" of EA's player base will have no luck getting the Conquest servers back online.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there's really no hope...
jojobaker
Default Mar 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM Old   #33

Actually apparently Ea may change their mind as one of the players was told if he could get 1000 signatures they'd keep them going. I don't really know how accurate it is, but it is worth a try. We're at about 750 at the moment. All the help will be appreciated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/conquest/petition.html
Balin38
Default Mar 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM Old   #34

If I were EA, I'd abandon Conquest's servers and focus on their more recent projects, Bad Company 2 for instance.

They heard a great cry that went up from the field before the Gate and rising shrill and piercing into the sky passed, and died away on the wind.

So terrible was the cry that for a moment all stood still, and yet when it had passed, suddenly their hearts were lifted up in such a hope as they had not known since the darkness came out of the East; and it seemed to them that the light grew clear and the sun broke through the clouds.
zach
Default Mar 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM Old   #35
Lords of War - Leader

Lore Master Lord of the Old Realm 

Quote: Originally Posted by Balin38 View Post
If I were EA, I'd abandon Conquest's servers and focus on their more recent projects, Bad Company 2 for instance.
Which is what they are doing....
Balin38
Default Mar 15th, 2010, 04:11 AM Old   #36

damn straight and good thing too!

They heard a great cry that went up from the field before the Gate and rising shrill and piercing into the sky passed, and died away on the wind.

So terrible was the cry that for a moment all stood still, and yet when it had passed, suddenly their hearts were lifted up in such a hope as they had not known since the darkness came out of the East; and it seemed to them that the light grew clear and the sun broke through the clouds.
Yams In a can
Default Mar 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM Old   #37
By any means necessary...

Good, because I just got Bad Company 2 . I also play Conquest... still How ironic!

Ilaras of The Dunedain
Default Mar 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM Old   #38

Honored Member 

I'll be playing for the last time tonight as scheduled.

I Aear cân ven na ma
Unregistered
Default Lol / Jun 27th, 2010, 05:42 AM Old   #39

Lmaooo i ent buying another EA game now lmaooo

Eomer the Young
Default Jul 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM Old   #40

Lore Master 

Conquest was a terrible game. Shutting down the servers only makes sense. I realize those that did play online will feel sad about this, but honestly I just don't think it would serve any point to EA to keep running online services.

Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.
Dude
Default Important / Aug 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM Old   #41

For the guys who would still play Conquest I'd like to say that you are able to lay conquest on 5 dedicated servers via Tunngle, at the moment for PC only.

Just install tunngle, search at newtworks for conquest and join the lobby, then start Conquest and search for local games, have fun and enjoy it!

More infos at:

http://www.lotrconquest.proboards.com

Looking forward to more players